Pages


Monday, September 1, 2014

August Wrap Up

Hey Everyone!

I hope all of you have had a good month. Mine was definitely a rough one.

My August wasn't so great. My niece is allergic to any kind of bug bite. She went to a friend's house and got bit by something on her hand, lip and close to her eye and now all those areas are really swollen. Usually a bite bump turns into one of those puss filled bumps, but her entire hand is swollen. So now she has to go to the doctor. Also, my mom hurt her thumb in early July and it's only gotten worse. She went to the doctor for the like the third time since July because she's been having trouble moving her thumb and now they're recommending her to see a doctor about possible nerve damage We have no clue what's going to happen with that.

But on to bookish news! I managed to read 5 books this month. I only read 2 books in July so this is definitely a step up :) I'm still fighting the reading slump though, but it has gotten better which I'm really happy about. I hope September is a good month and my dad's birthday is on the 7th so things should hopefully be good with that.

How was your month? lol I hope it was better than mine!

Books Read
All the books I read this month were pretty good and I really enjoyed them :)

Sorry about the lack of commenting I've doing lately! Things have been really stressful around here, but I'm trying to get back on my blogging and reading.

10 comments:

  1. I am sorry your month wasn't that great, Janina! That really sucks :/ I hope your Niece and Mom will be all right!

    I am glad you read more books in August though! Definitely a step up and you fight that book slump and show it who's boss!!

    I hope this month will be better for you! :)
    Happy reading, Janina!

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your month was consumed by family health issues. Bites can be nasty, I can react to some insects worse than others. You got through a few reads though. http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/its-wrap-end-of-month-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your niece. I'm also allergic to bug bites but it's not as serious as her case. I really hope she gets better soon. Also I hope your mom will get better soon. Yay for 5 books. I hope you'll read more then next month. Great post, Janina :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sorry to hear about your niece, the poor thing. Hope that she feels better

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your mom is okay, and that's rough about your niece. It must be nerve-wracking to go anywhere outside! Good job with your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Opposition still. The others look good! Hope you read lots of great ones this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! I'm allergic to everything too so I know how much this sucks and this seems like such a serious thing too. Thinking about you!!! I hope she'll be okay soon! *hug her for me* You did great in August though! Yay! Happy soon-ish birthday, Janina's dad :) It's okay! I'm the same with commenting and blogging lately. Take your time! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I'm really sorry about what happened to your niece and aunt, my dear :( It must suck to have a whole hand swollen because of a bug. Why do allergies exist? Ugh. I wish your niece, your aunt, you and your whole family a better month this time around >:)< At least you enjoyed the books you read. That's a good consolation, at least!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear for your niece. That must be awful. :( Yay, congrats on reading 5 books and you definitely can reach 7 ;) Last month has been very good for me though now things might change since I started school. ».«

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I hope your niece will recover soon, allergies are stressful especially when you don't know how to fix it/what causes it. I will be reading the Hunt this month hopefully, I've heard great things about it! Happy reading Janina. and Don't stress about commenting.

    ReplyDelete